Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid not recognized by VS 2010
posted

Ok, so I have this Web site project under VS 2010, Net 3.5 and Infragistics 10.2. I have been using WebDataGrid in the project but I need some specific functionality that can only be provided by the older UltraWebGrid. So, I added the UltraWebGrid dll to the Project and to the web config to include the control. I verified that Web.UI.Shared was there too and with the same version number.  Unfortunately, adding the control to the aspx page renders a compilation error:

The type or namespace name 'UltraWebGrid' does not exist in the namespace 'Infragistics.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

It does not seems to me I am missing any reference; I am also adding this to the aspx file:

<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v10.2, Version=10.2.20102.1011, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7DD5C3163F2CD0CB"
    Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.UltraWebGrid" TagPrefix="ig" %>

And the following piece of code is not recognized:

<ig:UltraWebGrid ID="UltraWebGrid1" runat="server"  >

</ig:UltraWebGrid>

Also, the error points to the following piece of code with the underlined word as the offending part:

protected global::Infragistics.Web.UI.UltraWebGrid.UltraWebGrid UltraWebGrid1;

Thanks for your help!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello jwquiroz,

I created a sample website.  I added the UltraWebGrid to the toolbox through the "Choose Items" dialog.  When I dropped the UltraWebGrid onto my .aspx page, here is the code that was generated:

In the .aspx file:
    <%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v10.2, Version=10.2.20102.2248, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb"
        Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid" TagPrefix="igtbl" %>

In the web.config file:
    <add assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v10.2, Version=10.2.20102.2248, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7DD5C3163F2CD0CB"/>
                    <add assembly="Infragistics35.WebUI.Shared.v10.2, Version=10.2.20102.2248, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7DD5C3163F2CD0CB"/>

Could you try to change your reference in the .aspx file to Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid", where there is no . between Web and UI?

If that doesn't work, I would recommend adding the control to the toolbox through the "Choose Items" dialog and adding it to your .aspx page that way.  Let Visual Studio take care of registering the assemblies.

Elizabeth Albert
    Localization Engineer

Reply Children
No Data