Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ToolTip on Webtab header
posted

Hello,

My tooltip only appears on tab content. Is it possible to set a tooltip on tab header like on content?

My ascx:

<ig:WebTab ID="wTab" runat="server" Width="100%" CssClasses-CssClass="InfragisticsTabStyle" StyleSetName="ESC" Font-Names="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" Font-Size="Small" OnSelectedIndexChanged="wTab_SelectedIndexChanged" AutoPostBackFlags-SelectedIndexChanged="On" BackColor="#F2F2F2">
                    <AutoPostBackFlags SelectedIndexChanged="On" />
                    <Tabs>
                        <ig:ContentTabItem runat="server" Text="Tab1" Width="250px" BackColor="#F2F2F2" ImageAlignment="Leading">
                            <Template>
                                <table class="InfragisticsTabStyle">
                                    <tr>
                                        <td>...

My ascx.cs:

ContentTabItem tabChol = wTab.Tabs[0];

wTab.ToolTip = "tooltipText";

Thanks a lot!

posted

Hi,

Thank you for a report.

The ToolTip (title attribute) was rendered by WebControl which is the base class of TabItem. That feature of base class was missed by logic of WebTab.
    The ToolTip should appear in tab-label. I tested following and it worked as expected:

<ig:WebTab ID="WebTab1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px">
        <Tabs>
         <ig:ContentTabItem runat="server" Text="Tab 1" ToolTip="tooltip">
         </ig:ContentTabItem>
         <ig:ContentTabItem runat="server" Text="Tab 2">
         </ig:ContentTabItem>
        </Tabs>
    </ig:WebTab>

That issue has been fixed and TabItem.ToolTip will appear only in label of tab item.
    Update should be available in a month or 2 within coming service releases.