Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Summary forcing ShowSummariesButtons to true
posted

I am using the summary row on my WebDataGrid to show totals for financial columns.  This is working very nicely, with the summary info added programmatically to the appropriate columns, and ShowSummariesButton="false" in the html source.  However, I now want to add a label in the summary row in the first column to show "Totals:" or some variant of that.

I've gone through the exercise of programmatically adding a custom summary to the first column so that it will show the text I want it to.  That is working fine.  However, the summary button icon is showing up in the header of that column with the custom summary, even though ShowSummariesButton="false" at the grid level.

Any idea why that summary button would be showing up in the header, overriding my choice in the ShowSummariesButton attribute?  I've looked through the ColumnSummaryInfo, Summary, SummaryRowSetting and SummarySetting objects and in none of them do I see the ability to affect the summary button.

Is there another way to update the text in a summary cell?  This seems like something that you'd expect there to be an event handler for.  Adding a custom summary just for this seems like serious overkill.

Thanks for your help,

Phil