Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataTree does not fire NodeClick when in WebSplitter
posted

This is actually a pretty serious one...  I use WebSplitter extensively for layout, and WebDataTree extensively for data.  I have spent much of my night building divs and getting rid of the WebSplitters to work around this bug.

First, I am using build 11.1.20111.2064.  This bug appears to have been introduced in this build.

The screenshot below contains 6 WebDataTrees.  The top 3 are in a WebSplitter.  They have different server-side events connected to them, and the AutoPostbackFlags match the server-side events.

In this screenshot, I have just gone through each tree and clicked a child node.  Note that the trees in the WebSplitter do not fire the NodeClick event.  (They do trigger a postback, but the NodeClick event does not execute).

Since a SR has just been released (which introduced this bug), I realize a code update is probably unrealistic.  However, I need a workaround as soon as possible on this one.  Even if it's just some javascript I can inject.

Here is the sourcecode for the sample page you see above: