Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Linking 2 multi-column dropdowns
posted

Hi, I have a page with 2 multi-column dropdowns.

When an item in the the first dropdown is selected I want to be able to update the contents of the 2nd dropdown based on the item selected in the first dropdown.  Both dropdowns are using a template webdatagrid for their content.

I have tried to update the contents of the 2nd webdatagrid both in javascrip and as code-behind, and each time I get an error telling me that the 2nd webdatagrid is "not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level".

How do I achieve this? I am not even able to compile my page.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello lorettac242 ,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

In what manner do you get reference to the second grid? You should be able to get it through the web drop down object for example with:

WebDataGrid grid2 = (WebDataGrid)this.WebDropDown2.Items[0].FindControl("WebdataGrid2");

I’ve tested a scenario in which you update the  second grid by calling the drop down's loadItems function from the client which invokes  the ItemsRequested server side event of the drop down and in it I change the data source of the grid. You can refer to the attached sample.

I’ve tested this with the latest service release of 11.2 which at the moment is 11.2.20112.2086 and it worked as expected. Let me know if you’re using a different version and are comming across any issues.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://ko.infragistics.com/support

CascadingMultiColDD.zip