Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
excel export of WHDG missing footer value
posted

I am exporting a WHDG control to excel using WebExcelExporter.  Everything works great (I see all data, I see correct column groupings, I see proper column reordering, etc) EXCEPT for an empty footer value.

All binding is done in code-behind as the data source is determined in runtime.  I manually create the columns on the WHDG.GridView property and bind a DataSet (containing just one DataTable) to the grid control.  If a column is of a specific data type, I manually create the summary row setting via:

whdgReport.GridView.Behaviors.SummaryRow.Enabled = true;
                var sumRowSetting = new SummaryRowSetting() { ColumnKey = rc.ColumnName, ShowSummaryButton = false, FormatString = "{0:c}" };
                sumRowSetting.SummarySettings.Add(new SummarySetting(SummaryType.Sum) { FormatString = "{1}" });
                whdgReport.GridView.Behaviors.SummaryRow.ColumnSettings.Add(sumRowSetting);
                var colSummaryInfo = new ColumnSummaryInfo() { ColumnKey = rc.ColumnName };
                colSummaryInfo.Summaries.Add(new Summary() { SummaryType = SummaryType.Sum });
                whdgReport.GridView.Behaviors.SummaryRow.ColumnSummaries.Add(colSummaryInfo);

When I export to excel, I correctly see a summary row and a value in the correct column, it just has a value of 0 instead of the sum of the columns.

Am I missing anything obvious?  After seeing all the data appear in the grid (along with the correct user edits -- column groupings and reordering), I was surprised to see the footer not get calculated correctly.

Thanks!