Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Concurrency Control and Web Data Grid
posted

I am now evaluating the Infragistic ASP.NET controls.

I found that i cannot achieve optimistic concurrency control with Infragistic WebDataGrid and Entity Data Source.

I load a web page with WebDatagrid and EntityDataDource to show a table from sql server 2008. I have configured the EntityData and set Concurrency Mode to Fixed. After that I change the data in database directly by using sql. Next I go back to the web page (I don't reload that) to modify some data. Clearly this will lead to concurrency problem and I expect the system to block me from (at least throw an exception) updating the record. However, the update is applied to the database and this is not what I expected.

I used sql server profiler to review the process behind. I found that the sql generated by the web site already include a where clause to check if the value is modified by others before applying the update. e.g.

update ATable set SomeField =1 where PrimaryKeyField = old value and Y = old value

However, the value applied to the where clause is not old values but the latest value from database. I and found that WebDataGrid loads value from database again each time when postback occur. I suspect the missing of old values is the root cause of the problem

When I use the native ASP.NET datagrid, the problem does not occurs.

Can anyone help me?

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data