Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AppStyling Configuration AddIn for 2008 Vol.1
posted

Here is my environment:

Visual Studio 2005

Windows XP

My Documents file located on network.

Initially, the AppStyling Configuration AddIn would not load and I performed the steps provided in knowledbase article 10060 (removing the addin and dll from the network folder and adding the path to my installation folder containing them on my C:\).

This got past the Error 8013150a while loading the AddIn (KB 10060) but then I get a pop-up error with this exact phrase "There is no NetAdvantage version 8.1 installed on this computer".

I have performed the reset for the AddIn per KB 10050 numerous times but my two choices are: 1) get the 8013150a error or 2) get the "There is no NetAdvantage version 8.1 installed on this computer".

I did submit an incident to developer support (OTH6291) but all that Neeraj of Developer Support suggested was to read the to knowledge base articles I already used 10050/10060.

Has anyone else encountered and/or solved this issue?

Verified Answer
    posted

I have finally gotten this to work (sort of). Even though KB10050/KB10060 are needed, the do not solve this problem. What I found is that, if your My Documents location is on a server, prior to installing NetAdvantage, you need to at least temporarily set your My Documents to a local path. Then install the product and the SDK (SDK does not seem to be optional). Then, if needed, you can relocate your My Documents path to the shared path and follow KB10050 to add the local Infragistics installation path for the Add-Ins in Visual Studio.

Doing all this, I was able to at least get the Add-In to display and import the styleset(s). However, it did not actually enable AppStyling; I had to manually configure the web.config.