Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Get inserted row using Javascript
posted

I am adding a row, using: WebHierarchicalDataGrid1.get_rows().add(dataArray)

The row is being saved from a Single Record View that I developed. The requirement is that after the row is added, the person continues to work on the same row. However, I haven't figured out how to get reference to that newly added/inserted row, in order to make changes to its values. Also, I have paging enabled, so I can't just take the last row, because it gives me the last row on the first page, which doesn't help me if I have more than one page. But I had a few ideas.

- Does the add(dataArray) return any values? For example, if it could return the added row, that would be great.

- Could I disable paging for the grid from javascript, then get the last row, and enable paging again?

- I also tried <ig:EditingCore EditingClientEvents-RowAdded="WebHierarchicalDataGrid1_RowAdded">, but WebHierarchicalDataGrid1_RowAdded is not called at all for some reason. Just in case, I have a server eventhandler for rowadded too.

- Another method, I thought would do it, is to change the selected page from javascript, and then retrieve the last row on the page. Is that possible?

- Finally, if I don't find answers to these questions I'd probably just update the datasource itself instead of going through the grid CSOM.

I would highly appreciate your answer to these questions and a recommended way to handle my problem!

Thank you,

Arman