Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Child bands are in dataset but do not appear in the WHDG
posted

I am sure I am missing something very little, but I just can't see what.  I have downloaded examples of the WHDG and compared the datasource/dataview setup. Here is my html:

<ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid ID="whdg1" runat="server" DataSourceID="WebHierarchicalDataSource1"
	AutoGenerateColumns="false" AutoGenerateBands="false" InitialExpandDepth="0" DataKeyFields="QAMRID"            
	InitialDataBindDepth="3" Width="800px">              
	<ExpandCollapseAnimation SlideOpenDirection="Auto" SlideOpenDuration="300" SlideCloseDirection="Auto" SlideCloseDuration="300" />             
	<Columns>                 
		<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="QAMRID" Key="QAMRID" Header-Text="QAMR ID" Hidden="true" />                 
		<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="Title" Key="Title" Header-Text="QAMR Number" />                 
		<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="DivisionTitle" Key="DivisionTitle" Header-Text="Division Title" />                 
	</Columns>             
	<Bands>                
		<ig:Band DataMember="odsSignature" Key="Signatures" DataKeyFields="SignatureID" AutoGenerateColumns="false" >                    
			<Columns>                         
				<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="QAMRID" Key="QAMRID" Header-Text="QAMR ID" Hidden="true" />                         
				<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="SignatureID" Key="SignatureID" Header-Text="Signature ID" />                         
				<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ApprovalName" Key="ApprovalName" Header-Text="Signature Name" />                         
				<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ApprovalType" Key="ApprovalType" Header-Text="Approval Type" />                     
			</Columns>                    
		<Behaviors>                         
			<ig:EditingCore>                             
				<Behaviors>                                 
					<ig:CellEditing Enabled="true" EditModeActions-EnableF2="true">                                     
						<ColumnSettings>                                         
							<ig:EditingColumnSetting ColumnKey="SignatureID" ReadOnly="true" />                                     
						</ColumnSettings>                                 
					</ig:CellEditing>                             
				</Behaviors>                         
			</ig:EditingCore>                     
		</Behaviors>                 
		</ig:Band>             
	</Bands>        
	</ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid>        
		<ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource ID="WebHierarchicalDataSource1" runat="server" >             
			<DataRelations>                 
				<ig:DataRelation ParentColumns="QAMRID" ParentDataViewID="odsQAMR_DefaultView"                    
					ChildColumns="QAMRID" ChildDataViewID="odsSignatures_DataView" />             
			</DataRelations>             
		<DataViews>                 
			<ig:DataView ID="odsQAMR_DataView" DataSourceID="odsQAMR" />                 
			<ig:DataView ID="odsSignature_DataView" DataSourceID="odsSignature"  />             
		</DataViews>         
		</ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource>

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsQAMR" runat="server" DataObjectTypeName="QAMR" SelectMethod="GetQAMRsByPOP" TypeName="QAMR"> 
			<SelectParameters>
				<asp:SessionParameter SessionField="POPID" Type="String" Name="pID" />
			</SelectParameters>        
		</asp:ObjectDataSource>         

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsSignature" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetSignaturesForWHDG" TypeName="Signature">
			<SelectParameters>
				<asp:SessionParameter Name="pID" SessionField="POPID" Type="String" />
			</SelectParameters>
		</asp:ObjectDataSource>

The class used for the parent level is QAMR and has a method that returns a dataset.  This loads fine.
The class used for the child band is Signature and has a method that returns a dataset.  
I have not successfully created a WHDG before, so I am at a loss as to what else to do.  I thought the views are created from the relationship.
Is it easy for you to see what I am missing here?