Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using WebDataTree inside an Update Panel
posted

Hi,

I have a page that shows Notes that a customer of a company creates. As a manager, when i log in and go to the Notes section, i will be able to choose a company and after choosing the company, it will list all the notes for that company. I have an aspx page, which has a Drop down list, a WebDataTree control and a User control that will be loaded dynamically. I also have 3 Update Panel. In the 1st panel, i have the Dropdown list. In the 2nd panel, i have a treeview control and the last panel has the user control that i want to load dynamically. If i select a company, then in the WebDataTree control, it has the company name as the root node and the list of all the notes as child nodes and a User control is loaded in Panel3 that has a grid. If i click on a node in the WebDataTree and i going to load a User Control that has the details of that note like subject, Description and attachment (if any). While clicking on a node i want to update Panel3 only. In the User Control the user can edit the subject or description and save the details. Once the details is saved, i want to refresh Panel2 (which has the Tree control) only.

When I run my site, i noticed that the user control is not getting loaded properly. I get an error message "Sys.ScriptLoadFailedException: The script 'http://localhost/samples/scripts/ig_spellchecker.js' could not be loaded." I finally out the problem when i visited the Link . In this link it is mentioned that when we use EnableAjax = true property to the Tree, that control cannot be inside the Update Panel. So i put the tree control outside the Update Panel and viola.. the User Control is loaded properly and no errors occurred at all. Now i placed the tree control inside the Update Panel and then removed that property, still the errors occurs. Now my question is Can i put the Tree Control inside the Update Panel? I imported all the scripts to my project. I am using “Infragistics35.WebUI.Misc.v11.1, Version=11.1.20111.2238”. I wanted to put the tree control separately, bcos I will be using the tree control extensively in other pages and has the same scenario (when clicking on a node load a user control dynamically).

Thanks,
Raja