Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Persist the grouped row expanded state on post-back
posted

Hi all,

I am using the latest version on IG 2012.2 (Service Release included) for ASP.Net.

I manually load a whdg on post-back, but I am currently not able to persist the grouped row expanded state.

Is there an existing example where this is described for grids which are manually loaded?

How does the InitialRowExpandState="Collapsed" GroupSettings attribute affect the behaviour, if it is set for a grid in the mark-up?

I would prefer to control the expanded state on the server-side.

Regards.

Parents
    posted

Hi JJB,

For this scenario, are you intending to persist the InitialRowExpandState or the expand state of the user action. So for example, if the (1) InitialRowExpandState is set to 'Collapse' and (2) the user upon grouping the columns, expands the column to see the children, and then (3) there is a postback; are you expecting the grid to then show the Grouped rows as expanded or collapsed?

For this example, the expected behavior would be for the grid to persist the grid with the grouped rows as expanded. The InitializeRow as collapsed will only set the grouped rows as collapsed on initialization. 

For my scenario I have the GroupSettings-InitializeGroupedRows property set in mark-up. You can do the same on the server side if you wish.

Attached is an example. Please note that for this example I omitted the grid styles (ig_res) to reduce the file size of the upload. For proper styling of the grid you will want to import the ig_res folder. To do this, you can simply view the aspx page in the designer and then select 'Ok" to accept the styles.

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

WHDG_groupBy_dynamic.zip
Reply Children
No Data