Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebExplorerBarItem - Access Key
posted

Hi there,

I am running the latest version of IG 2012.2.

Is it possible to assign access keys to the Explorerbar items?

Since this can be used as a navigation object, there is help information but it only relates to the

mouse end keybord navigation.

The explorer bar items also do not have an accesskey attribute exposed.

Are there any examples where something similar has been implemented?

posted

Hello JJB,

Thank you for posting in the community.

Currently, WebExplorerBar does not feature an AccessKey for its items and groups and therefore I have logged a producet idea on your behalf regarding this functionality being made available out of the box. I have sent this PI directly to our Product Management team with an ID of PI13010155. Infragistics continues to monitor application development for all of our products, so as trends appear in requested features, we can plan accordingly.

We value your input, and our philosophy is to enhance our toolset based on customer feedback.  If your feature is chosen for development, you will be notified at that time.

If you would like to follow up on your product idea at a later point, you may contact Developer Support management via email.  Please include the reference number of your product idea in the subject and body of your email message.  You can reach Developer Support management through the following email address:  dsmanager@infragistics.com

It may be possible in this scenario to set theaccesskeyattribute for the items' and groups' anchor elements using something similar to:

function WebExplorerBar1_Initialize(sender, eventArgs)
    {
        //set an accesskey attribute for the first root group item's anchor
        var firstNodeElement = ig_controls.WebExplorerBar1_tree.getNodes().getNode(0).get_element();
            $(firstNodeElement).find("a").first().attr("accesskey", "b");
    }

Attached is a small sample illustrating this in practice.

Hope this helps.

WebExplorerBarAccessKey.zip