Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding WebDataTree
posted

Hello I am new to using Infragistics controls, I have several questions bout the WebDataTree that I would like some help on.  But first here is the scenario.

I am trying to use the WebDataTree to allow uses to create and edit a virtual filing structure.  This structure contains a root folder, that can only contain child nodes. There are 3 different types of filing containers that a root node can contain.  Of these two container types two can contain child nodes of there own type, the other can not contain any children at all.  When one of these nodes are selected I would like to display a collection of controls (depending on type of container) allowing users to edit metadata of the filing structure,

My questions;

1.  What is the best approach for binding a WebDataTree to a dynamic tree as explained above?

2. How do you designate a "Top" Node that can only have child and nothing above it?

3. Does your edit mode allow for custom views, where I can build my own custom collection of controls to edit?