Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebTextEditor with NullText cannot be cleared via Javascript
posted

Hi All,

I am using Infragistics v11.2.20112.2086. I have two text boxes with the NullText property set.

a. The user enters a value in TextBox A

b. clicks a checkbox to copy the value to text box B.

c. When the user then clears text box A, it clears text box B successfully via a javascript function.

postalField.set_text(source.get_text());

However, if step a is skipped, i.e. text bos B is not given a non-blank value initially, then this text box can never be completely blank. If the user enters text in text box A and immediately clears the text in text box A, the text box B is not cleared.

I have confirmed that if If I leave NullText property blank for the text box, this issue does not exist.

I am currently setting the value to " " if it sender.get_text() if it is blank and this seems to fix the issue for now.

Is there any other alternative to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

I put together a sample to test with that does what I believe you have described above only my sample doesn't work correctly in NetAdvantage 2011 Volume 2 service release 2086 or the latest service release 2225.  When testing with NetAdvantage 2012 Volume 2 service release 2121 my sample works as I expect.  Does the sample that I have attached demonstrate the issue that you are seeing?  If so I recommend upgrading to a later volume of NetAdvantage.

If my sample isn't an accurate representation of what you are doing, please provide me with an example that I can test with so I can make a more appropriate suggestion.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Editors.zip
Reply Children