Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grab cell values on postback before data reloaded.
posted

I have a webdatagrid with one editable column.  I have a save button that does a post back and grabs the values from the grid.  Obviously at this point it's too late because the grid .Bind() method has been hit and so the data has essentially been reloaded from the database.  How can I grab the fields BEFORE the new values are overwritten?

Offline posted

Hello Lisa,

I am still following  your case. Have you been able to resolve the issue?

If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you for choosing Infragistics components!

Sincerely,

Tsanna

Offline posted

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you tell me if you’re using auto CRUD operations of the grid? That would mean that on “Save” button click the grid will commit the changes to the data source automatically and you won’t be able to get the cell values before the data has been reloaded. If you want to add your own logic how the grid to execute the CRUD operations, then you need to handle them manually. Note that on RowUpdating server side event your data will be updated and if you want to get still the unchanged cell values, you should do that before firing this event. The following link explains the difference between the auto CRUD and manual CRUD and provide also two videos with demonstrative examples of using them: http://ko.infragistics.com/community/blogs/craig_shoemaker/archive/2010/02/01/what-is-the-difference-between-webdatagrid-autocrud-and-manual-crud.aspx

Please let me know if this is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Tsanna

Offline posted

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for posting in our community.

I'm currently looking into this matter and will keep you posted of any available information. If you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tsanna