Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Reg: Creating dynamic dropdown in the init event
posted

Hi,

I am creating a dynamic drop down at the run time in the webdatagrid.

In the init method, I want to bind this  dropdown based on the condition with different values. the code is follows

if "(string)Session["RDId"]" is null  then i want to bind "LoadDealers(Session["RDId"].ToString());" which as 10 rows otherwise i want to bind  LoadDealers(""); which has 20.

but it is always displaying with 20 values.

protected void HitGrid_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

if ((string)Session["RDId"] != null)
{
string str = Session["RDId"].ToString();
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.DropDownProvider dropDownProviderDealerName = new Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.DropDownProvider();
dropDownProviderDealerName.ID = "DropDownProvider55";
//dropDownProviderDealerName.EditorControl.DataSource = TKDAL.GetAllDealersByASMID(Session["RDId"].ToString()).DROPDOWN; //LoadDealers(_rdID);
dropDownProviderDealerName.EditorControl.DataSource = LoadDealers(Session["RDId"].ToString());
dropDownProviderDealerName.EditorControl.DropDownContainerWidth = Unit.Pixel(190);
dropDownProviderDealerName.EditorControl.DataKeyFields = "VALUE";
dropDownProviderDealerName.EditorControl.TextField = "NAME";
dropDownProviderDealerName.EditorControl.ValueField = "VALUE";

this.HitGrid.EditorProviders.Add(dropDownProviderDealerName);
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.EditingColumnSetting columnSettingDealerName = new Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.EditingColumnSetting();
columnSettingDealerName.ColumnKey = "Key_DEALER_ID";
columnSettingDealerName.EditorID = dropDownProviderDealerName.ID;
this.HitGrid.Behaviors.EditingCore.Behaviors.CellEditing.ColumnSettings.Add(columnSettingDealerName);

}
else
{
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.DropDownProvider dropDownProviderDealerNames = new Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.DropDownProvider();
dropDownProviderDealerNames.ID = "DropDownProvider56";
dropDownProviderDealerNames.EditorControl.DataSource = LoadDealers(""); // LoadDealers("0");
dropDownProviderDealerNames.EditorControl.DropDownContainerWidth = Unit.Pixel(190);
dropDownProviderDealerNames.EditorControl.DataKeyFields = "VALUE";
dropDownProviderDealerNames.EditorControl.TextField = "NAME";
dropDownProviderDealerNames.EditorControl.ValueField = "VALUE";
this.HitGrid.EditorProviders.Add(dropDownProviderDealerNames);
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.EditingColumnSetting columnSettingDealerNames = new Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.EditingColumnSetting();
columnSettingDealerNames.ColumnKey = "Key_DEALER_ID";
columnSettingDealerNames.EditorID = dropDownProviderDealerNames.ID;
this.HitGrid.Behaviors.EditingCore.Behaviors.CellEditing.ColumnSettings.Add(columnSettingDealerNames);

}

}

Parents Reply Children
No Data