Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What does it take to make my grid header has a separate vertical line between column header?
posted

What does it take to make my grid header has a separate vertical line between column header?

AND PLEASE DO NOT POINT ME TO A LINK.  JUST GIVE ME A WORKING SAMPLE CODE RIGHT HERE.

Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello DQ ninh,

I know it may be a late response but here is what worked for me:

Under the  ig_res directory you need to edit the ig_dataGrid.css file (it is located in the Default subdirectory unless you are using a custom style set)

Within ig_dataGrid.css, seek for these :

.igg_HeaderCaption          --> it controls appearance of the header title area

tbody.igg_Item>tr>td        --> it controls appearance of the data rows

tbody>tr.igg_Alt>td          --> it controls appearance of the alternating data rows

you will need to add style properties in order to show separator lines, as in this sample code:

.igg_HeaderCaption
    {
    font-size: 10px;
    font-weight:normal;
    padding-left:4px;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-align:left;
    color:White;
    white-space:nowrap;
    border-left:1px;                   /*width of line separator*/
    border-left-style:solid;      /*style of line separator*/
    border-color:black;            /*color of line separator*/
    }

hope it will help!

regards,

Claudio

Offline posted

Hello DQ,

Have you been able to resolve the issue? If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tsanna

Offline posted

Hello DQ,

Thank you for posting in our community.

Could you please clarify what do you mean by saying "separate vertical line between column header"? It would be great appreciated if you can provide me a screenshot that illustrates what you have in mind. Meanwhile please note that the grid's vertical lines between the column headers are set by grid's default styles. And if you want to modify them you may create your custom css classes or modify the default ones. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Tsanna