Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Row Edit Tempalte Set Focus
posted

I have a web data grid that I am using a row edit template on. I have the row edit tempalte opening on a single click on the add row. Is there a way to set focus in the first control of the row edit template. The cursor remains on the cell that I clicked on in order to open up the row edit template.

I tried to set focus on the control during the EnteringEditMode method. But the cursor remains in the grid cell.

Thoughts?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Abby,

Thank you for posting in the community.

What I can suggest for achieving your requirement is to use EditModeActions property of the row editing template. By using this property you can customize which actions will cause the entering edit mode. For example if your requirement is to enter editing mode and display the RowEditingTemplate on single mouse click this could be achieved as such:

<ig:RowEditingTemplate CancelButton="buttonCancel" OKButton="buttonOK">

<EditModeActions MouseClick="Single" />

</ig:RowEditingTemplate>

The edit EditModeActions could be set via the designer. Some further reference about RowEditingTemplate could be found at:

http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/ASPNET/2013.1/CLR4.0/?page=WebDataGrid_Enabling_Row_Editing_Template.html

I also made a small sample project illustrating my suggestion and I am attaching it for your reference.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance with this matter.

RowEditingTemplateOnSingleClick.zip
Reply Children
No Data