Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DropDownProvider (EditorProvider) for each row
posted

Hello there,

I'm using a "DropDownProvider" as my EditorProvider in my WebDataGrid. I understand that only one Dropdown would be generated for the Column for which the DropdownProvider gets assigned.

Here my need is, I would like to bind the DropDown value based on some condition which may vary for every row. I thought of accompolishing this by finding the DropDownProvider of each row and assign the value, in the "InitializeRow" event of the grid, but end up with no possibilities.

Kindly suggest me a workaround this.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Nagaraj ,

Indeed when using editor providers a single instance of the editor is created and used for all cell that belong to the specified column.

If you prefer each cell from the column to have a separate instance of a control you can create a TemplateDataField and set in its ItemTemplate a WebDropDown control.

For example:

<ig:TemplateDataField Key="key">

<ItemTemplate>

<ig:WebDropDown ID="WebDropDown1" runat="server" Width="200px">

</ig:WebDropDown>

</ItemTemplate>

</ig:TemplateDataField>

In that case you can get the specific instances of WebDropDown controls for a specific row for example: webDataGrid.Rows[0].Item[0].FindControl(“WebDropDown1”)

And set a specific value to each.

Let me know if you have any questions .

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer II

Infragistics, Inc.

http://ko.infragistics.com/support