Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
[14.2] Controls inside WebTab are not instantiated on Postback (known issue)
posted

Hi,

Just for information, maybe it helps finding the cause of the issue.

As stated in the IG ASP.NET help of release 14.2: "When you use the WebDataTree control inside a WebTab the ViewState is corrupted."

Well, I have a WebTab on a page which is dynamically loaded into a WebDialogWindow (which is inside an UpdatePanel of course - although this is not recommended). The WebTab does not contain a WebDataTree, but WebGroupBox, WebDropDown, WebTextEditor and WebImageButton.

Using the 13.2 release everything worked fine. Using the 14.2 release every postback produced an error because all controls inside the WebTab were not instantiated. (I missed 14.1 and did not change the code.)

Fortunately the workaround mentioned in the help works here, so everything is fine.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello Bernhardus,

Thank you for posting the solution to Infragistics forums.

Can you please provide me the code or sample project which will help me to reproduce the issue? so that I can log a bug.

Children
No Data