Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ColumnAutoSizeMode does not work
posted

Hi,

I am resizing all columns of an ultraWinGrid using the following (looping over all columns)

for (int i = 0; i < ClientsView.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns.Count;i++ )
                                              ClientsView.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[i].PerformAutoResize(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.PerformAutoSizeType.AllRowsInBand);

I was wondering if there is a better substitute (of looping over all Columns and Bands). I came across the following (in one of Infragistics articles) 

ClientsView.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowColSizing = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.AllowColSizing.Synchronized;
ClientsView.DisplayLayout.Override.ColumnAutoSizeMode = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnAutoSizeMode.VisibleRows;
ClientsView.DisplayLayout.Override.ColumnSizingArea = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnSizingArea.EntireColumn;

However, the above approach does not resize any column. Why is that so? What is the difference between the two approaches? 

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sameer