Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AccessViolationException
posted

Intermittently, our application crashes with :

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawLineI(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
   at Infragistics.Win.DrawUtility.DrawBordersHelper(Graphics gr, Border3DSide sides, Pen leftTopPen, Pen rightBottomPen, Rectangle rect, Rectangle invalidRect, Boolean isDashedPen).......

I have attached the full stack trace.

We have used this product for many years and have never seen anything like this.  It happens for multiple users, many different machines.  There seems to be no pattern.  Our application uses the grid, toolbars, dockmgr, etc, but nothing out of the ordinary.  We have no unmanaged code and definitely are not doing anything related to drawing or GDI.  Searching on google has some hits, mostly related to Pen/Brush disposal.

I have submitted this issue to support, but of course without a reproduceable example, I don't expect great results.

I was hoping someone here could give me some ideas of what the problem might be.  Could our managed code be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

error3.zip