Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
floating views painted incorrect after docked/Floating View looses focus on activation of a MenuStrip
posted

Hi,

we are currently facing two problems with the UltraDockWorkspace (Netadvantage 7.3 along with CAB).

1)

We add new views using: "ultraDockWorkspace1.Show(smartPart, smartPartInfo);"  with "smartPartInfo.DefaultLocation = DockedLocation.Floating". When the user opens one view and Docks it (DockStyle.Fill) and afterwards opens another View (also floating) and docks it (for example on the middle-left arrow (LayeredWindowWithIndicators-Style) the view is not painted correctly (in most cases). Seems like there is a bug, the view is painted with wrong size, and really inside the first view. The borders between the two views are also incorrect. When the user resizes the main Application, the View paints correctly.

Is this a known bug ? Can we do anything to prevent it ? 

2)

We are using the .Net MenuStrip for the main-menu of our application (instead of the Toolbarsmanager) because right-to-left layout is not properly supported by the Toolbarsmanager.  We now have the problem that any floating windows of the DockWorkspace loose its focus, when the user selects an entry of our Main-Menu (MenuStrip) How is it possible to prevent, that a floating window losses its focus, when the user clicks on the main menu ?  We have implemented several window specific commands in the menu that should also relate to floating windows, but per default each floating window looses Focus.
What can i do ?
Hope anyone can help us !!

Greetings

Thomas U. 

Parents
No Data
    posted

1) This seems like a bug. I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp. I haven't seen this issue come up before, so I can't say if there is a work around, but you can try to manually resize the form by a pixel to see if that will fix your issue.

2) I don't think there is anything that can be done for this. If the MenuStrip is taking activation, I don't think the dock pane can prevent that. You can also submit a feature request that the toolbars manager handle right-to-left correctly: http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/RequestFeature.aspx.

Children
No Data