Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FormulaParseException
posted

Hi

We are testing the Spreadsheet control for Winforms, using a complex Excel XLSX workbook, however when we try and open the XLSX file using the control, it immediately crashes and shows the following error:

FormulaParseException: The formula has extra expressions after the end of it.

Portion with error: (VLOOKUP(G26,'Framework Data'!$A$4:$BA$1001,$P$22,FALSE),0)

at Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Formula.Parse(String value, FormulaType type, FormulaContext context, List`1 indexedReferencesDuringLoad)

Offline posted

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

I have tried to reproduce this with an Excel Workbook with a cell with the same formula as in the error you are receiving:

=VLOOKUP(G26,'Framework Data'!$A$4:$BA$1001,$P$22,FALSE)

The workbook loaded with no errors. However, the sample workbook I am loading is not complex one. Attached is the sample project I have tested this with, as well as the sample workbook.

So can you please try to send me a copy of your workbook, so I can try this at my side? Also, can you try my sample project at your side and let me know if you face the same issue.

It will help also if you can send us the entire call stack of the error you are receiving.

Looking forward to your reply.

CAS-172025-G4R7D9.zip