Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
no dropdown arrow - side by side
posted

Nevermind - i figured it out.

It helps to get all the columns for the drop down and not hide any and not have a custom concatenated field as the first column.

Original question left here below

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 

side by side - one not working

On same form i have side by side two grids - each with a dropdown.
One from Northwind and the other from my database.

No bells or whistles. Yet the dropdown arrow does not appear for mydb when you hover over the ResourceTypeID. Hence no dropdown.

The "Description" is displaying properly but there is no dropdown in the grid.
Why?  Corruption? Key definition?

private void Form5_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // my DB
              this.bEAProjectProject6LookupTableAdapter.Fill(this.bEATimesheetDataSet.BEAProjectProject6Lookup);
              this.bEAProjectProject6TableAdapter.Fill(this.bEATimesheetDataSet.BEAProjectProject6);
              bEAProjectProject6LookupDD.DisplayMember = "Description";
              bEAProjectProject6LookupDD.ValueMember = "ResourceTypeID";

// NorthWind
              this.categoriesTableAdapter.Fill(this.dataSet1.Categories);
              this.productsTableAdapter.Fill(this.dataSet1.Products);
              categoriesDataGridDD.DisplayMember = "CategoryName";
              categoriesDataGridDD.ValueMember = "CategoryID";

//productsDataGridView1    grid
            //categoriesDataGridDD     DD

//bEAProjectProject6LookupGrid     grid
            //bEAProjectProject6LookupDD       DD 

}

private void productsDataGridView1_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
        {

e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["CategoryID"].ValueList = this.categoriesDataGridDD;
            e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["CategoryID"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.DropDownList;

}

private void bEAProjectProject6LookupGrid_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
        {
            e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["ResourceTypeID"].ValueList = this.bEAProjectProject6LookupDD;
            e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["ResourceTypeID"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.DropDownList;

}