Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
interactive layout w/ constraints
posted

I'm new to infragistics and somewhat new to C# and am trying to implement an interface similar to the igoogle web page using winforms.  My questions are:

I am using the WinDockManager and have disabled docking and enabled floating..

1) How do I turn off the icon (circle w/ a line that indicates docking is disabled) that displays when the pane is dragged to the edge? 

2) Is there some way to combine a gridbaglayout manager with the windockmanager so the floating panes don't overlap and are constrained within the application window?

OR,

3) Is there is some way to select and drag a pane in a gridbaglayoutpanel to another cell in the layout panel besides overriding the mouse selection and move events?

thanks,

lsr

posted

I'm not sure the UltraDockManager would be the right component to use here:

LaurieReynolds said:
    1) How do I turn off the icon (circle w/ a line that indicates docking is disabled) that displays when the pane is dragged to the edge? 

This is not currently possible. You can submit a feature request for this: http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/RequestFeature.aspx.

LaurieReynolds said:
    2) Is there some way to combine a gridbaglayout manager with the windockmanager so the floating panes don't overlap and are constrained within the application window?

No. The dock manager isn't really meant to provide that kind of interface.

LaurieReynolds said:
    3) Is there is some way to select and drag a pane in a gridbaglayoutpanel to another cell in the layout panel besides overriding the mouse selection and move events?

There is no runtime support for rearranging controls within a grid bag layout panel.

I think you will have to do a lot of custom work no matter which route you take, but you will probably be better off starting with an UltraExplorerBar with multiple columns than starting with an UltraDockManager.