Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I make UltraWinGrid display vertical (column) borders without horizontal (row) borders?
posted

I found the below answer, but it's from 2002. Is there any way to do this without using a DrawFilter?

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=1054

My problems with the above solution are:

1) I'm implementing a setting for grids which allows the users to selected their preferred border style (None, Horizontal, Vertical, Both) so the DrawFilter would need to be disabled/enabled based on the setting, and cannot be saved with the layout. 

2) The draw filter does not work correctly in all circumstances. Sometimes it is not visible on certain columns. Secondly, if columns are grouped the border skips areas behaves oddly.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello DJ,

To display vertical column borders without row borders using the DrawFilter is the way to go. There is no built in functionality in Grid to achieve this.

DrawFilters are very specific to the requirement. They are written based on the UIElements being used. The UIElements or their hierarchy can vary based on different things like the Grid row layout, column grouping etc. If the hierarchy of the UIElements or if the UIElements are different then the DrawFilter at the above KB article will not work for your requirement. Please send me a sample of your application with the DrawFilter that you are currently using and I will modify it in order to display the borders as required.

I will await for the sample and will further look into this issue as soon as I receive it.

Sincerely,
    Sahaja Kokkalagadda
    Associate Software Developer

Children
No Data