Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Calculating summaries on an Editor column
posted

Hello, 

I tried to find a solution reading the other posts in forum and google, however i am not sure that i have the correct solution in mind. 

I am using UltraGrid, but in order to display numeric information with customized behavior based on the system configuration, i have constructed a text wrapper which is attached to a column  Editor. Maybe editor is not the best option for the business that i need to cover, but it is an old application with fresh UI. 

Textbox (and grid as a consequence), receives a metric numeric value and based on configuration decides if this will be translated to Imperial, with how many digits etc. The issue with digits can be easily handled using the SummarySettings.DisplayFormat, but the problem arises when the value is transformed to Imperial. 

Grid summaries doesn't know anything about the transformation, returning all Summaries in Metric. 

What i really need is to take the already calculated summary value, translate it to Imperial and give it back to system. However, in OnSummaryValueChanged, summary values are readonly. 

An alternative can be to use External Summaries(https://ko.infragistics.com/samples/windows-forms/grid/external-summaries), but in this case i have to calculate the values on my own, right? 

What do you suggests?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data