Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Display Web Style Record numbers in a Winform without using a Gridview
posted

Hello All,

My requirement is to display the record numbers of as we see in the Google page footer, where the number of search records are displayed.

This is for my Winforms where I have TextBox controls and they display data from a database table. So if the table has 5 records then my winform should display numbers from 1 to 5 as below.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

When the user clicks on any of those numbers, my TextBox controls should display next/previous record.

Note: I am not using a GridView or any other Grid controls to display the table records as the number of columns are more than 50.

Offline posted

Hello,

We do not offer a standalone control with these features. However, I can recommend some approaches you can take:

1) Look into the .NET BindingNavigator control to see whether it fits your needs.
    2) Host our xamDataGrid in your application, which supports paging. You can show one record per page and let the grid handle the navigation.
    3) Use a series of link labels to achieve this behavior. This may require you dynamically determine the number of controls needed. Although I would not normally recommend this approach, it has the advantage in this case of most closely matching your design requirements.

Please let me know which approach you choose.