Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Row counts when grouping
posted

On my grid form, i display a statusbar with the number of records displayed.  To accomplish this i use the this.ultraGrid1.Rows.Count property after every operation (row deleting, inserting, etc.).  This is fine when rows are displlayed but i cannot determine how many rows are shown when i use the Outlook groupby functionality.  For example, suppose i have a grid of tax rates per zipcode for each state.  when i display the grid initially i get all rows and the count, which is fine.  When the user drags the state to the groupby area i would like the count to show 50, indicating 50 states.  When a state is expanded it should show the number of zipcodes for that state. 

My problem is that i cannot find any events that are fired when the grid is grouped.  Is there any way to accomplish what i am looking for?

Parents
    posted

Try the InitializeGroupByRow event and a boolean ex: boolGridIsGroupedBy. This event is fired when each of the GroupByRow's are initialized.

You could restrict it like this:

If boolGridIsGroupedBy=false then

boolGridIsGroupedBy=true

end if

Otherwise you try to set the boolean to true every time a group row is made.  

Reply Children
No Data