Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Quirky Behaviour in UltraWinPivotGrid
posted

Hi

Having recently purchased infragistics ultimate 2019.1, I'm keen to start using the ultrawinpivotgrid to provide users a quick an easy way to view data in many views without having to load data into Excel.

After some initial issues due to a hidden error (turned out to be an issue with the analysis adomdclient dll reference, fyi would be great if the control actually showed this as a proper error so users don't spend hours trying to find out what the issue is) I finally got the control working but as I started using it I noticed some very quirky behaviour)

Firstiy even though I specified an initial cube in the adomd data source settings and initial measure, rows and columns, the grid did not open with those selected and also the initial cube in the mdx selector was not selected, I had to choose it from the drop down.

Secondly when adding measures and dimensions to the grid from the MDX selector, the measure values aren't showing unless I select more than one measure OR I add something to the columns list. 

Also when looking in the dimension measures tree in the mdx selector I noticed that both the hierarchies and attributes have the same icon and there's no way to tell which is which and also the hierarchies don't tree down to the child levels and members. 

Another issue is that there's no way (unless there is and I've missed something) of when selecting dimension hierarchies and attributes of showing the entire list of members of that attribute or level of the hierarchy it always shows all.

Also there doesn't appear to be a quick way of selecting members and measures, always having to drag to either columns, rows or measures like other similar products do. Or is this something you have to program in yourself?

And lastly it does seem to be very slow. Running a similar query in EXCEL pivot grid the values come back almost instantly but using the ultrawinpivotgrid there can be over a 20 second wait for values to populate from the dimension even when there's only a small number of members.

Cheers

Dave

Parents Reply Children
No Data