Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Very slow UltraGrid
posted

I have an UltraGrid, with about 40 columns and 10000 rows.  Most columns are strings, but a couple are DateTimes or objects.  The UltraGrid datasource is bound to a DataSet with only one table.  Only the visiblerows are being updated with data, with the data being updated on a row by row basis fairly often.  Somehow, the grid is ultra, ultra slow, and at higher resolutions it takes a long time to scroll up and down, and left and right too.  I am wondering why this is?  I notice Infragistics WinForms are still on .net 2.0 - .net 3.5 supposedly sped up DataSets heavily.  Do you have any other ideas for why this is so slow?  It is a serious problem.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

It's hard to say what's causing it to be slow without knowing more about what your application is doing. But I have a few suggestions: 

1) Set Visual Studio to break on all run-time exceptions. If exceptions are occurring and being caught, this can cause serious performance issues. 

2) If you are using ValueLists in any columns, try turning them off and see if that makes any different. Obviously, removing your ValueLists is not a solution, this is just a test.

3) Set SynchWithCurrencyManager to false and see if that helps. 

4) Check out the CellDisplayStyle property of the column. You can improvide performance by using this property to turn off features you are not using. 

5) If you are applying appearances in the InitializeRow event of the grid, try commenting them out and see if that helps. 

Reply Children