Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Selected and ActiveRow
posted

Hi,

I am having a few issues with the Selected Rows and ActiveRow. I have a grid with the folloiwng properties set...

SelectTypeRow = Extended

CellClickAction = RowSelect

So the user can now select multiple rows which is exactly what I want. But when the user then clicks on another row, the selected rows are still highlighted and the clicked row becomes the activerow. If I click on the same row again then previous selections are lost and that row is the selected row as well as the active row.

What I want to happen is that when a user clicks a new row then that row become selected and previous selections are removed. Do I have to do that in code or are there properties I can set at design time? If in code then what events do I use?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

If CellClickAction is RowSelect, then clicking on a row will unselect all previous selected rows and select the new row you clicked on - unless the user is holding down the CTRL or Shift keys.

If that's not happening, then something in your code must be causing this behavior, because it is not the normal behavior of the grid. I have never seen the behavioryou are describing here, soI don't know what's causing it. My best guess is that something in your code is somehow interfering with mouse messages. Or else maybe you are modifying the SelectionStrategy. 

Can you duplicate this behavior in a sample project?  

posted

Hi there,

you can use the

Grid.Selected.Rows.Clear();

and then

Grid.ActiveRow.Selected = true;

Hope that Helped

Nassos