Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Add Row - insert multiple records from copy/paste
posted

My company has a database that the current UI is MS Access via ODBC (Yes I know ....)

Anyhow, I am trying to write a more robust UI but first I need to replicate some of the current features that Access gives us.

The biggest of which is I can select a range of cells in Excel (and assuming that the number of cells per row and data content is correct) can then select the insert row in Access and hit paste and it will insert multiple records into the table.

I am hoping it is somehow possible with UltraGrid to replicate this behavior. Actually I'm hoping it's EASILY possible to replicate this behavior.

I currently have a Binding List of custom object type that gets set as the Ultragrid's Datasource.

Right now I'm thinking that I'm going to have to do something like trapping the Ctrl+V keystroke, check to see if the active row is the add row, cancel the add row and then programmatically create new objects based on the clipboard data and add them to the binding list and then refresh the grid (all of which in my mind is a lot more complex to actually do than it sounds here)

If anyone else has already cracked this nut, I would appreciate any advice, tips, or help you can offer.

Thanks

Steve