Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ChartDrawItem infinite looping issue
posted

Im adding CalloutAnnotation annotations to my GantChart in a UltraChart.ChartDrawItem handler. This drives to an infinte loop. This happens, I guess, because adding an annotation raises ChartDrawItem Event too.

Is there a way for UltraChart control to disable events through a EventManager property, or similar, as other controls do?

Private Sub Gantt_ChartDrawItem(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Events.ChartDrawItemEventArgs)

CreateAnnotation(text, row, column)

End Sub

Private Sub CreateAnnotation(ByVal desc As String, ByVal row As Integer, ByVal column As Integer)

RemoveHandler Gantt.ChartDrawItem, AddressOf Gantt_ChartDrawItem   '''''''''I've tried removing the handler at the beginning of the subroutine and adding it at the end

Dim AnotacioDoc As CalloutAnnotation = New CalloutAnnotation

AnotacioDoc.Text = desc

AnotacioDoc.TextStyle.FontColor = Color.Black

AnotacioDoc.TextStyle.Orientation = Infragistics.UltraChart.[Shared].Styles.TextOrientation.Horizontal

AnotacioDoc.Location.Type = Infragistics.UltraChart.[Shared].Styles.LocationType.RowColumn

AnotacioDoc.Border.Color = Color.Gray

AnotacioDoc.Border.CornerRadius = 2

AnotacioDoc.PE.Fill = Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Info)

AnotacioDoc.Location.Column = column

AnotacioDoc.Location.Row = 0

Gantt.Annotations.Add(AnotacioDoc)

AddHandler Gantt.ChartDrawItem, AddressOf Gantt_ChartDrawItem

End Sub

posted

You can add annotations when you create the chart or in the FillSceneGraph Event. You can’t add new primitives in the ChartDrawItem Event. In ChartDrawItem Event you can edit the settings of the existing primitives.