Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using UltraQRCodeBarcode encoding vCard String
posted

I am trying to encode a infragistics UltraQRCodeBarcode  control object to my winform.  in a class i am building a vCard string which is below, and i am trying to set it to the QR code icon so i can scan it with my iPhone and it will read it as a new contact.

vCardString = "BEGIN:VCARD\r\nVERSION:3.0\r\nPRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iPhone OS 12.3.1//EN\r\nN:Smith;Bob;;;\r\nFN: Bob  Smith\r\nORG:\WalMart;\r\nEMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=pref:bSmith@WallyWorld.com\r\nTEL;type=MOBILE;type=VOICE;type=pref:(718) 111-1111\r\nADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;;Fresno;CA;92012;United States\r\nEND:VCARD"

But when i scan it, it says unusable data not sure how to get it to work.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello and thank you for contacting Infragistics. Try this:

ultraQRCodeBarcode1.Data = @"'BEGIN: VCARD\r\nVERSION: 3.0\r\nPRODID: -//Apple Inc.//iPhone OS 12.3.1//EN\r\nN:Smith;Bob;;;\r\nFN: Bob  Smith\r\nORG:\WalMart;\r\nEMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=pref:bSmith@WallyWorld.com\r\nTEL;type=MOBILE;type=VOICE;type=pref:(718) 111-1111\r\nADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;;Fresno;CA;92012;United States\r\nEND:VCARD'";