Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
VS2019 Toolbox not showing items
posted

I installed 21.2 on my PC (Windows 10) with VS 2019 and I cannot get the controls to show in the toolbox. I have tried manually adding via "Choose Items.." and they are all ticked but do not show and also copying and pasting the dlls but get told that controls "are not enabled in the active designer". 

The project is just a new windows VB project with dotnet core 3.1 (same issue with core 5). Any cpu selected.

Help appreciated

Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting on our forums.

When creating a .NET project, you need to add the NuGet packages to your project. Now I suppose you have added the framework packages as you have referred to the files added as dlls, while the files you need to be adding have .nupkg extension. If you are looking to add them manually(offline), they can be located in the installation folder on your hard drive:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2021.2\Windows Forms\NuGet Packages

or you can setup a feed and connect online. A guide how to do this can be found here:

www.infragistics.com/.../nuget-feeds

After adding the relevant NuGet package, the associated controls will appear in the toolbox. You can see what package is related to what control on our website here:

https://ko.infragistics.com/help/winforms/nuget-packages

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tihomir Tonev
    Software Developer
    Infragistics