Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio 2022, net 6 winforms project, no infragistics tools in toolbox
posted

I've created a net 6 winforms project, I've added the nuget packages for Infragistics.WinForms and Infragistics.WinForms.Editors (22.1.71) from our private feed. When I open up the designer for a blank form I don't see any infragistics controls in the toolbox. Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

This is my project file:

<Project Sdk="Microsoft.NET.Sdk">

<PropertyGroup>
    <OutputType>WinExe</OutputType>
    <TargetFramework>net6.0-windows</TargetFramework>
    <StartupObject>Sub Main</StartupObject>
    <UseWindowsForms>true</UseWindowsForms>
    <MyType>WindowsForms</MyType>
  </PropertyGroup>

<ItemGroup>
    <Import Include="System.Data" />
    <Import Include="System.Drawing" />
    <Import Include="System.Windows.Forms" />
  </ItemGroup>

<ItemGroup>
    <PackageReference Include="Infragistics.WinForms" Version="22.1.71" />
    <PackageReference Include="Infragistics.WinForms.Editors" Version="22.1.71" />
  </ItemGroup>

<ItemGroup>
    <Compile Update="My Project\Application.Designer.vb">
      <DesignTime>True</DesignTime>
      <AutoGen>True</AutoGen>
      <DependentUpon>Application.myapp</DependentUpon>
    </Compile>
  </ItemGroup>

<ItemGroup>
    <None Update="My Project\Application.myapp">
      <Generator>MyApplicationCodeGenerator</Generator>
      <LastGenOutput>Application.Designer.vb</LastGenOutput>
    </None>
  </ItemGroup>

</Project>

Also noticed the following under Windows Forms Output:

[12:10:02.419533] warn: [NetFormsTest]: Encountered an additional TypeRoutingDefinition for 'Infragistics.Win.UltraActivityIndicator.UltraActivityIndicatorDesigner'
[12:10:02.419533] warn: [NetFormsTest]: Encountered an additional TypeRoutingDefinition for 'Infragistics.Win.UltraWinEditors.UltraPictureBoxDesigner'

Offline posted

Hello Kevin,

In order for the Infragistics Windows Forms controls to show in the toolbox when using a .NET Core 3.1/.NET 5/.NET 6 project, you need to first include the NuGet package for the particular control(s) you are trying to use, as our support for them is done through NuGet. For more information on setting up the Infragistics NuGet feed and which controls exist under which packages, I would recommend taking a look at the following documentation:

NuGet Feeds: https://ko.infragistics.com/help/winforms/nuget-feeds

NuGet Packages: https://ko.infragistics.com/help/winforms/nuget-packages

With the above said, by adding the NuGet packages to your project from the NuGet Package Manager (Check "Using packages in your application" in the NuGet Feeds link), this will allow you to see the controls in the toolbox.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Ivan Kitanov