Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Enable/Disable ButtonsLeft in cell Dropdown/Combo in UltraWinGrid at a row level
posted

Hi.

I have a business requirement that we use either an UltraCombo or an UltraGridComboEditor to allow a user to select an item from a list.  The users would also like to have another button in that cell.

I have gotten this to work by using the ButtonsLeft property on UltraCombo and the UltraGridComboEditor,wiring up to the appropriate event.

Now, we have a new requirement that we need to enable / disable the button created in the ButtonsLeft according to values on each row.  IE, we may have 1 row where the button is enabled and the next row it might be (depending on some business rules and value of each row's cells).

When I use an UltraCombo and set the columns editor it, the button across all rows becomes disabled when I disable it in one cell (which makes sense since I beleive that, under the hood, they are all pointing to the same UltraCombo).

I have tried setting the cell.Editor to a new instance of the UltraCombo for each row (Yeah, I know its not efficient but at this point, I'm trying to get something to work) but when I try to disable the button, tis telling me t that the cell's editor is a "EditorWithText" object that does not have anything in the ButtonsLeft collection (depite the fact that I see them on screen).

Any help with be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason