Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
OnKeyPress/Down events not fired when pressing "Left" key on rows with child rows
posted

I have a screen with two hierarchic grids next to each other. Both grids are in row select mode. I have disabled the row expansion indicators and expanded the whole grid by default (users should not be able to expand/collapse rows/bands)

In row select the left and right key don't have any effect on the navigation. That's why I want to change the focus from the left grid to the right grid when pressing right and vice versa. Just catch the Left and Right keypress in OnKeyDown or OnKeyPress, change the focus, and done... But that doesn't always work. The right key shows no issues. The event gets fired upon each key press. However, the left key only fires an event on rows that have no child rows and/or don't have a parent row. My guess is this has something to do with the ability of collapsing rows (which I don't use).

I know I can use the tab key to change focus, but the users will be using the up/down key navigation a lot, so why not let 'em switch from left to right using these navigation keys too? But with the OnKeyDown/OnKeyPress event not being fired in all cases, it gives an inconsistent behaviour which confuses the users.

My question: Is it possible to disable whatever is causing the left key event not being fired? Is it a property?

Thanks

Infragistics NetAdvantage for .NET 2008 (latest version)