Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Questions about the MonthView, WeekView, DayView
posted

This is what I'd like to achieve.

Question 1)

So In the Y you have the owners and in the X you have the timeline. 

Is this possible with an infragistic control?

I'd like for the owner to be in each a row, and in each row you have the time line. The black shape in the picture represent the appointment. 

I did play with the ultraMonthView and WeekView, OwnerDisplayStyle to Separate, but it's not linear like I wanted, I want it to be more linear. AND its VERTICAL, is it possible to have it HORIZONTAL??

Question 2)

Is is possible to change the colors of the shape representing an appointement? When OwnerDisplayStyle is Merge, each shape has the same appearance. I'd like to control the appearance, like each shape will have a different color based on the ownership, or even based on the STATE of appointement. Is that possible?

Question 3)

Is is possible to change the shape of the shape representing the appointement? like making it rectangular, trapezoid, etc? 

Question 4)

How do you disable the ability to modified the appointement start date and enddate? I don't want the user to be able to stretch the appointement shape. It is really a READ-ONLY. 

Question 5)

How can you make the appointement shape not editable? When clicking on the shape, it goes to editmode and you can change the subject text .... how can I set it to read-only?

Thansk!

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

1) This looks sort of like a Gantt chart, which I'm pretty sure is well supported by our UltraWinChart control. I don't know much about that control, but we have a forum for that as well, and I'm sure you can get any information you need about that control over there.

2) Yes; see UltraCalendarLook.AppointmentAppearance, UltraCalendarLook.SelectedAppointmentAppearance, and Appointment.Appearance. The latter allows you to specify an appearance that is specific to that appointment; to get appointments for a given Owner to have the same appearance, you would assign the Appearance property of each Appointment to reference an Appearance object that is associated with that Owner.

3) Yes, I think so. You would need to use the IUIElementCreationFilter interface; the approach would basically be to derive a class from AppointmentUIElement, override the Region property, and insert instances of that class to replace the ones we add intrinsically.

4 & 5) Set the Appointment.Locked property to true.