Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical DataBinding with single column header
posted

We're trying to perform some hierarchical databinding using the UltraGrid.  The different bands all have identical columns, so we want only the header row at the top.  I've been able to hide the child header rows, but the top header is repeated when a parent is expanded to display children.

See example image:

Simple Example

Ideally, we'd like this to appear much more like the UltraTree's Outlook Express view.  Where there is no space between parent and child, and no duplicated header row.  In the past we've used the UltraTree, but now we're requiring the additional features supported by the UltraGrid.

The following is a simple example of the same dataset bound to the outlook express view.

Simple Example of tree

Is it possible to hide the subsequent column headers from view, and if so, how?

Or would it be possible to create a row at index 0, which appears identical to the column headers - I've been trying to copy the appearance, but have been unable to as of yet.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

You can do this using the HeaderPlacement property. I think this property is on the grid's DisplayLayout. Not that this is a new property that was added in the past few years, so if you can't find it, you probably have a really old version of the controls and may need to update. :)

Children
No Data