Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Opening / interogating links
posted

Hi,  

Does anyone know a way that hyperlink can be opened or the link clicked event raised in the UltraFormattedTextEditor without needing to hold the control key down?

Within our application then the same data is displayed in 2 different places, one within an UltraFormattedTextEditor embedded in an UltraGridCell and another just in a standalone UltraFormattedTextEditor.  In the case where it is in a grid cell then the holding of the control key is not required to open a link, and in the standalone case it is.

Our users are complaining that this behavior is inconsistent and that the standalone case is not intuitive.

I don't seem to be able to work out when I am over a link, this also relates to another problem where I would like to implement a "Save As..." item on our custom context menu, but can't find any way to get the link information out from the control at the point the mouse was right clicked to activate the context menu.

This is using 8.2 with the latest hotfix.

Many Thanks

Chris

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Chris,

I don't think there's any way you can get the link to be fired without usng the CTRL key when the text is editable. My guess is that the reason it works in the grid is that it's read-only. This mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office. If clicking on an editable link triggered the link, then you would not be able to select or edit the text using the mouse - so I think that's why it works the way it does.

Do you need this to work for an editable UltraTextEditor control? If so, then I recommend that you Submit a feature request to Infragistics.