Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Changing caption of button at runtime only changes tooltip
posted

I have a button tool on a ribbon and I am toggling the text between Save/Edit depending on the value of a combo tool.  The events fire correctly and I am setting the caption correctly but the actual text appearing on my button tool doesn't change unless I resize the form so that the button is no longer visible and then size it back so it is visible.  Currently I have to call RefreshMerge on the toolbar to get this to behave properly.  Is this a bug or is there something else I should be doing to change the caption of the button?

posted

This sounds like a bug. Even a change to the caption of a merged child tool should update the parent immediately. I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp. Also, if the button tool is a large sized tool in the ribbon, I believe this issue has already been reported and fixed. Either way, you should report it to get notified when the hotfix is released.