Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Export To Excel doesn't work
posted

I use UltraWinGrid(Infragistics 7.2 ver). .

I want to export the data in this grid to an excel workbook. I use the following code to export the data to excel:

ultraGridExcelExporter.Export(ultraGridInstance, fileName);

The code doesn’t work if a  field is arranged as like a merged field, spanning over multiple columns. This means say I have 6 columns then colum#1 to 5 are arranged horizontally and column#6 has no header and its value is on the next row spanning over 5 columns. No exception is thrown. The method call to Export never returns. CPU usage goes up. The least I expect is some sort of an error. But the application just hangs.

But if the same  field is arranged like all other fields, horizontally one after another(Column#1 to Column#6) then the gird is exported to excel instantly.

Am I missing something here?

Any help is appreciated. I have worked on such a scenario before with UltraWinGrid in Infragistics 6.1 and there was no problem exporting any fields in excel.

AN UPDATE: I have further confirmed (by creating a dummy applications using 6.1 and 7.2 version) that the export to excel doesn't work in 7.2 when merged fields(as described above) are present. It works without any problem in 6.1.

-Thanks,

PK