Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Converting UIElement to UltraListViewItem
posted

Hi,

I have an UltraListView that is populated with several items. What I am trying to do is have an action happen to the UltraListViewItem when a mouse enters and leaves the item, using the MouseEnterElement and MouseLeaveElement events. Unfortunately I don't know how to get the UltraViewListItem from the UIElementEventArgs that is passed into those methods. This is what I have tried but does not work:

private void Browser_MouseEnterElement( object sender, Infragistics.Win.UIElementEventArgs e )
        {
            UltraListViewItem itemEnter = e.Element as UltraListViewItem;
            if( itemEnter != null )
            {
                //do stuff with item

}
        }

private void Browser_MouseLeaveElement( object sender, Infragistics.Win.UIElementEventArgs e )
        {
            UltraListViewItem itemLeave = e.Element as UltraListViewItem;
            if( itemLeave != null )
            {
                //do stuff with item

}
        }

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

The UltraListViewItemUIElement class encapsulates the item's physical representation on the screen; it derives (as all such Infragistics classes do) from UIElement. When handling MouseEnterElement/MouseLeaveElement, cast e.Element to the expected type, then check for a non null return. Note that in this case, the element class exposes a property that references the underlying object, but for UIElement classes that don't, you can oftentimes use the UIElement.GetContext method to get that reference.

Example:
    private void Browser_MouseEnterElement(object sender, UIElementEventArgs e)
    {
        UltraListViewItemUIElement itemElement = e.Element as UltraListViewItemUIElement;
        UltraListViewItem item = itemElement != null ? itemElement.Item : null;
        if ( item != null )
            System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine( item.Text );
    }