Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't edit SubItemColumn??
posted

Hi,

I am trying to find the best way of displaying a list of points with three columns, Point #, Latitude and Longitude. My first insticnt was to use the UltraListView, which worked fine until I wanted to let the user manually edit the latitude and longitude entries. I managed to use a masked editor for editing the main column but couldn't figure out how to edit the SubItemColumns.I was reading another post (http://news.infragistics.com/forums/p/5536/33845.aspx) that says you can't edit SubItemColumns in an UltraListView which seems kind of bizarre to me. Why is there an EditorControl property for each SubItemColumn if you can't edit them?

Anyways I was wondering if there is a way around this. Do I have to use the UltraGrid (seems like way to much overhead for something as simple as this)? 

Thanks. 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

WinListView does not support the editing of sub-item columns; this is based on both the .NET ListView control and the ListView control used in Windows Explorer, neither of which support editing of sub-items.

The reason the Edit/EditorControl properties exist is because sub-items make use of the embeddable "editor" architecture to render their values.

Yes, you could use an UltraGrid to solve this problem. I'm not sure what the footprint is for that control, but with a flat data set with only three columns, it should not consume a great deal of resources.