Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Turn off Row HIghlighting - Easy One?
posted

I've tried a few things tht work on detail rows but not groupby and summary rows.  (Because they're all colored differently)

So this doesn't work:

e.Layout.Override.ActiveRowAppearance.BackColor = Color.LightSteelBlue;// .Transparent;

e.Layout.Override.ActiveRowAppearance.ForeColor = Color.Black;

e.Layout.Override.SelectedRowAppearance.BackColor = Color.LightSteelBlue;// .Transparent;

e.Layout.Override.SelectedRowAppearance.ForeColor = Color.Black;

(The transparent didn't work because it makes the row the default windows control grey color, so I switched it to the color of the rows.  I'd hoped transparent would leave the existing color.)

The trouble is that all these rows are different colors in my grid, so I really need to either find a property to turn off active/selected row highlighting or catch a couple of events and same the current color before activating and set then set the row back to it after being activated.  BeforeRowActivate works for getting the color but "The Grid" set's it's own idea of highlighting after I set the color in AfterRowActivate.  Maybe the "Paint" event?  Or maybe there's a very simple way....

Thnkas,

Bill