Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Strange error when calling UltraGridRow.Refresh
posted

I have a grid bound to a list of objects that are updated with real time data from Bloomberg. Each object has an event exposed which I bind to UltraGridRow.Refresh and whenever the object is updated I invoke this event which in turn refreshes the row. Once in a blue moon I receive an uncaught exception from UIElement when I invoke this event(equivalent to calling UltraGridRow.Refresh()). Since Refresh amounts to invalidating the row, this is an asynchronous operation for which I should not have to invoke this call on the UI thread, so I think that rules out any threading issues. I checked out the source and couldn't really spot anything which would result in a NullReferenceException, do you have any idea what might be causing this?

at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.GetDescendant(Type type, Object[ contexts)

at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.GetDescendant(Type type, Object[ contexts)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridRow.GetUIElement(RowScrollRegion rsr, ColScrollRegion csr, Boolean verifyElements)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.GridItemBase.InvalidateItem(RowScrollRegion rsr, ColScrollRegion csr, Boolean recalcRects)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.GridItemBase.InvalidateItemAllRegions(Boolean recalcRects)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridRow.Refresh(RefreshRow action, Boolean refreshDescendantRows)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridRow.Refresh()